This is Jackey, the birthday boy! he is such a diva. He's like a little F4 boy!!
Jackey, Sophie and Eric (he's the one that salutes me and says "yes sir!" in korean whenever i give him directions-hilarious)
Yunie (the youngest) and Andy (he's silly if you couldn't tell)
Henry and Grace - he is adorably clueless all the time, and she has the cutest smile/laugh ever!
Suzan, who can understand everything I say, and John - he's a triplet
Vicky, Kevin, and John, the triplets. Vicky and Kevin are in Melanie's preschool class and John is in mine. They remind me of the triplets at Oxford Park preschool!
birthday party decorations and some delicious food!
Jackey smiling at his best friend, Eric, who was jumping up and down and waving
such a dignified four-year-old
i think he was ready for some cake:)
My class doing a dance for the birthday party! after all the classes did their dances, we all got in two big circles and did the chicken dance. It was a really special time that I will apparently get to repeat every month while I am here! By the way, they don't wear their uniforms every day, only on Fridays. For some reason our campus has the opposite of Casual Friday...
Yesterday I went with a couple of friends to the folk village in Suwon. We got to see different types of houses that people lived in in the past in Korea. It was really interesting.
I thought it was interesting to see the different size of rice bowls for men and women...
Here is a bathroom - the outhouse in an old house. Unfortunately I can't remember what kind of house this was. Maybe the farmer's house...
They hire people to act at the folk village and do things in the houses all day.
They also had some fake people...
for some reason i find it funny that they have churros at the korean folk village
the folk village was cool! after that we went to a mexican restaurant close to Osan air force base... the first time i have seen more foreigners than koreans in korea. really weird!! the food was delish though. we even found a thai restaurant that we want to go back to!
can't believe the weekend is over and it's time for a new crazy week to begin! hope everyone is doing well. happy birthday mom :) 사랑해요~ saranghaeyo!
Thanks for the birthday song! I love the pics of the kids, and tried to send them to Pat, but don't know whether the school filter will let her see them. Let me know when you get the box. I love you!
ReplyDeleteI Love reading your blogs! I hope Michael does ok if he goes to Korea! He will be in Gyeongju, close to Busan. Glad you are having a great time too!!
ReplyDeleteDebbie Higgins
I love your blog and especially this last one with all your kids. They are more than adorable!! And you thought you had 5 year olds! What a difference 2 years makes. Sounds like you're loving it even though your super busy!
ReplyDeleteLove, Aunt Carol
Oh i just can't wait!! Glad i'll be there when winter is over though!
ReplyDelete