| entering the cherry blossom festival! |
| matching couples EVERYWHERE |
| one of the biggest churches in the world - over 1 million members |
| there were also many couples by the river |
| julie and me at han river |
| it was a beautiful day! |
| this kid was wearing like a sports coat with no pants... he kept pulling it down... hilarious! |
Just in case you were wondering, the cherry blossom festival in Seoul is the worst place to meet single people haha...I guess it's a pretty romantic event because there were couples EVERYWHERE. All in matching clothes. Or matching shoes. Probably matching underwear too (all the mannequins at the stores here feature matching underwear... so special!) This was pretty much my cherry blossom festival experience. I guess I didn't get a picture of all the people. It was extremely crowded and it made me glad to not live in Seoul! It was a beautiful day though and so nice to sit and relax by the Han River. After it got dark they had fireworks which was nice but not exactly the Fourth of July...
We were close to some sort of corporate district or something and we wandered around for a long time trying to find some restaurants, wondering where all the office workers eat their lunch. Finally we found a group of restaurants that consisted of at least 5 fried chicken places and 2 Italian restaurants. We tried one of the Italian restaurants and they had over an hour wait! It was really strange, that's the first time I have ever been to a restaurant in Asia that had a wait, ever... It made me feel like I was back in America haha! Anyway we were hungry so we just went to one of the chicken places, which was good, and apparently really popular - all the chicken places were pretty packed too.
It turned out to be a pretty fun and relaxing day! Next post: field trip with the kiddos! I just got a new one today so now I have 10 :)
We just had our farm trip today...saw Mrs. Hamilton! WE took the trek to the pond...We had the whole preschool and Kindergarten...50 kids! What is your new one like?
ReplyDelete