This is a bit belated, but last month we took the kids on a field trip to Lotte Mart! Which is basically Wal-Mart haha, but they have a little Discovery Zone type place in there that was fun for the kids to play in. I think I got photos of all my kids! They were so cute and it's good to see them having fun and be able to play with them and not just make them do workbooks haha. Their favorite class at school is Gym of course, which we only have once a week! But hopefully we will have some more fun field trips coming up soon.
 |
| John loved this one! love his smile |
 |
| Henry looking cute! Sometimes it's hard to connect with him at school, so it was fun to get a chance to play with him! |
 |
| Jackey was fascinated by the balls being pushed through the air through a tube... |
 |
| Suzan having fun in the ball pit! |
 |
| This is what happens when the tube empties out all those balls! (Sunny and Julie) |
 |
| Yunie exerting some strength! |
 |
| Grace loved to go down the bumpy slide! |
 |
| Jackey and Sophie are always together. so cute |
 |
| Andy helping Eric with some cool glasses! |
That was a fun day. Just today we had a gym event for the kids and their parents. We went to a gym and played a lot of fun games together and had lunch and prizes! Only four of my kids ended up coming. Yunie, John and Jackey all came with their parents. Suzan came but I was told that her parents were too busy to come, which is sad! I hope there's more to the story than that. We have been reading books about parents lately (What Mommies and Daddies Do Best, My Dad, etc) and talking a lot about mommies and daddies, and it's been a little sad to have some kids express that their dad works a lot so he is too busy to play with them. So it was nice to see the parents getting involved and having lots of fun at the gym day today! I also see a lot of parents walking and playing with their kids in the evenings. It's one of the reasons I like the area where my apartment is located - it's right by a creek with a walking trail and a playground. There are a lot of people walking on the trail even late at night! It seems like people exercise more here than China or Thailand, but I haven't really seen much beyond my own little area so I could be wrong!
Here are a few photos Melanie took of the April birthday party. In my class we had three birthdays: Eric, Sophie and John, who is a triplet (his brother Kevin and sister Vicky are in Melanie's class). At the birthday party, we give awards for Super English Speaker, Kind and Caring person and Wonderful Poly Student. Then each class does a dance performance of one of the songs they have been learning, and we all do the chicken dance together, which is really special!
 |
| The triplets! Kevin, Vicky and John |
 |
| Eric and Sophie laughing together! |
 |
| It's hard to get a picture of Sophie smiling so I love this one!! |
 |
| My class getting ready to do their dance performance |
I am editing photos of the girls weekend at Geoje Island so hopefully I can put them up soon! I am looking forward to Mom and Rachel coming here on Wednesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment