Here you can see a video of the live octopus that we had for lunch last Saturday. I went to the beach with the family that owns the apartment building I live in. They have been very kind and welcoming since I came here. They give me food all the time and invite me over for coffee and dinner. I think I will begin studying Korean with the mother soon. A couple weeks ago I went to see a movie with Songhee who is the daughter. She is older than me and works at a Korean kindergarten.
Anyway we had a fun time at the beach. We went on an insane boat ride - our boat was like sideways in the air... then we ate a bunch of different seafood at a restaurant close by, including this live octopus! as you can see it is cut up into small pieces, but they are still moving around. I actually only ate a couple of pieces and I smothered them in kochujang (hot pepper paste) so i couldn't taste much of anything except spiciness! I am really not that brave and adventurous with food haha although I am working on it...
Anyway we went to some sort of forest park and had a snack picnic, which was really nice. The weather was good. It was a very relaxing day even though I had to wake up early on a Saturday! I'm glad I had the opportunity to go and try live octopus haha.
| here i am with my apartment building owners, the Jung family |
No comments:
Post a Comment